Here’s a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout that requires no equipment. A HIIT workout mixes shorts bursts of activity with even shorter rest periods. Ideally, you work to your maximum capacity during the short bursts of activity, hence the use of “high intensity” to describe those intervals. Because you are pushing your limits, these workouts tend be shorter, rarely passing the 30-minute mark.
Complete one set of each exercise for 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. After doing all 9 movements, rest 1 minute and repeat for a total of 3 sets.
- 10m Shuttle Run w/ Pyramid Push-ups – Setup 2 cones 10 meters apart (30 feet); at the first cone complete 1 push-up, run to the 2nd cone & complete 2 push-ups. Continue increasing number of push-ups.
- 10 Russian Twist + 2 V-Ups – sitting on the ground with feet elevated and leaning back. Twist side to side 10 times touching ground with both hands. Then lay back with legs straight out and bring your hands and feet together at the top for 2 repetitions.
- 2 Split Squats + Bear Crawl – Setup 2 cones 10 meters apart (30 feet); at the first cone complete 2 Jumping Alternating Lunges. Bear crawl forward to the cone and then backwards to the starting point. Continue alternating movements.
- Lateral Shoot Through – Start in a pushup position with knees bent; take your left hand off the floor and shoot your right leg across your body touching your right hip to the floor. Push back to the starting position and repeat with your right hand and left leg.
- 2 Tuck Jumps + 2 Squat Pulses – Jump both knees towards chest 2 times, then complete 2 squat pulses. Continue alternating movements.
- Burpee Side to Side – From a standing position, place both hands on the ground and jump both feet to the left. Jump feet back to the center, stand and jump up. Continue alternating sides.
- Plank Feet Twists – Start in a plank position, twist so your right hip touches the floor and then alternate to the left side. Continuing alternating in the manner for the desired number of reps.
- Explosive Sprinter – Start in a standing position, explosively jump left knee up towards chest then quickly the right knee. Then jump both feet out at the bottom. Continue alternating for the desired reps.
- Sprawls – Start in a push-up position, jump both feet back and complete a push-up. Jump both feet up into squat position with hands remaining on the ground.
Rest 1 minute