You don’t need heavy-duty barbells, a box, or a pull-up bar for this intense workout, but it’s still fast-paced, full-body, and intense. It’s just four basic moves, 10 reps each, repeated five times for a total of 200 reps. Aim to do this workout AQAP (as quickly as possible), finishing in under eight to 10 minutes, paying special attention to proper form.
Squat With Overhead Reach
- Begin with your feet slightly wider than hip’s width apart and toes pointed slightly outward. Raise your arms up until your upper arms are even with your ears. If this is too difficult, rest your hands on your hips.
- Keeping weight in your heels, sit back into a deep squat. Make sure your knees do not go beyond your toes or roll in or out of alignment. Keep your abs engaged as you squat.
- Deepen your abdominal engagement as you press through your heels to return to standing, completing one rep.
- Do a total of 10 reps.
Alternating Forward Lunge
- Stand tall with your feet hip’s width distance apart. Bend the elbows at your sides or rest your hands on the hips.
- Step forward with the right foot, lowering your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle. Keep the front knee directly above the ankle, and lower the left knee to just above the floor.
- Keep the weight in your heels as you push back to the starting position, completing one rep.
- Repeat stepping with the left foot this time, completing a second rep.
- Keep alternating for a total of 10 reps.
- Start in plank position with your arms and legs straight, shoulders above your wrists.
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest to touch the ground. Then straighten the arms, moving the body up as one unit. This counts as one rep.
- If this is too difficult, do this exercise with your knees on the floor .
- Keep going for a total of 10 reps.
- Lie on your back and open your legs into a diamond shape (known as Butterfly pose in yoga), with the soles of your feet pressed together and knees out wide. Extend the arms overhead.
- Curl the torso up, and tap the floor in front of your feet.
- Slowly lower back to the starting position to finish off one rep.
- Complete 10 reps.
Without a break, flow from one exercise to the next, repeating this 40-rep workout four more times for a total of 200 reps.